She attended McGill University with a degree in classical theatre studies and psychology. She worked all over the world modelling, primarily she had much success in Asia and is still signed to Elite Models NYC. She had a great start in the film business and has a notable performances in “Daydream Nation”, IZombie and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Wanting to help and grow other models in the business, she decided to expand her portfolio and open her own model management company, LRJ Management. She has scouted, developed and represents over 30 worldwide working models in major markets. The company got its listing on models.com last year, with two male supermodels Laura represents getting features on the site. We can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!
- …If you weren’t a model, what would you be? I already do so many other things besides just model. I have my own model management company LRJ Management that I started 6 years ago. I love being a model agent as well as a model, because I help new models navigate this crazy industry!
- Who is your celeb crush? Ryan Gosling forever
- What is the one thing about yourself that you wish more people knew? I wish more people know that I went to McGill (the Harvard of Canada) and studied Neuroscience! I almost spent my life in a lab studying rats and doing statistical experiments!!
- What does your typical day look like? I wake up and have a strong coffee, respond to about 25 emails that come in throughout the night that I need to answer for LRJ Management, take a nice lunch break or walk around this beautiful city I live in! (New York), Go to the Gym, and go to any castings that are requested of me.
- When you are not busy modelling, what is your favourite thing to do? Eat delicious food and drink amazing wine! LOL Seriously I am SUCH a foodie. It’s why I couldn’t maintain being a sample size 2 anymore. Being a 6 and eating and being happy is such a better choice for me!! Pasta is my favorite food.
- Which three words best describe you? Loyal, Hardworking, Determined.
- Were you excited to shoot this feature? So excited!! I’ve worked so long in my career it’s nice to have the opportunity, thank you so much FHM!!
- Do you have anyone special in your life? Tell us a bit more. I do and he knows who he is. We have our ups and downs, but in the end he is my true supporter!!
- Where to from here? What are your plans for the future? Just keep grinding! I’d love to make more of an impact in the industry in making “street size” a real size. Right now in modeling there is really just sample size and plus size. Women in between deserve a category too! Body Positivity shouldn’t just be inclusive of certain categories and sizes, otherwise what’s the point! I hope by spreading awareness and helping my younger models make positive decisions about their bodies we can all make an impact!
Credits: Laura Jacobs with Elite Models NY
Photographer: Shannon Laurine
MUA: Shannon Laurine