What Women Want In A Man – Win Her Over With Your Personality
When it comes to what women want in a man, it would be really easy to sit here and rattle off things like boyish good looks, intellect, charm and boatloads of cash. Trouble is, that’s not real life. There are very few men on the planet who exhibit all of those qualities, and frankly, most of them live in Hollywood. Instead of recognizing that fact and keepin’ it moving, most men feel the need to display resentment — constantly suggesting that women only want rich dudes or guys that look like George Clooney. Is that true of some women? Hell yeah, and who could blame them? But, is it true of all women? Absolutely not.
To put it bluntly, being hot isn’t impressive. Anyone can be hot. After a certain point, let’s say, circa high school, hot stops being the be all end all. There needs to be more substance. Sure, good looks are a bonus for a one night stand, but beyond that? Hot doesn’t make a great dinner date. Now, a lot of you guys walk around with a chip on your shoulder thinking your looks are a hindrance to your dating life.
Have you ever considered that your looks have nothing to do with it? Have you, per chance, taken a more figurative look in the mirror to recognize that it’s your crappy personality that makes women want nothing to do with you? If you’re shaking your head no right now, I’m here to tell you that that’s exactly what you need to do. As mentioned in the headline, you’re not ugly, you’re just an assh*le. Here’s how to fix that.
- In no uncertain terms is it OK to comment on another woman’s appearance (positively or negatively) when you’re on a date with a woman/in the early stages of dating.
- Don’t pretend to be interested in things just because you think it makes you look “good”. In 2018, everyone is a F’in social justice warrior. As amazing as it is to see positive change in action, don’t hop on the bandwagon in hopes that it’ll get you laid. Women smell your BS, I promise. P.S. Just because you love your mom, doesn’t mean you’re an advocate for women’s rights.
- Don’t make apologies/justifications/disclaimers for who you are. If you don’t have a high paying job or still live at home with your parents, that’s OK. The more you try to explain your situation like it’s some sort of problem, the more it actually becomes a problem. Everyone has hangups, don’t carry yours with you. It gives off an angry man vibe.
- If you are 100% set in your life — good job, great apartment, solid credit score — hooray for you, but keep the bragging to a minimum, please. This doesn’t exactly top the assh*le pole, but it’s definitely up there.
- Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. Masculinity has become so damn fragile that I’m pretty sure some dudes just walk around in a constant state of flexing. Proving your “manhood” is hardly what women are looking for on a first date. Nobody expects you to go out and hunt/kill the meal. We have civility and restaurants nowadays, you’re good.
At the end of the day, it’s all about finding that elusive grey area people are always talking about — you don’t want to be too much and you don’t want to be too little. Ultimately, you just want to be yourself. Your personality is (and should be) your strongest attribute — it’s why you have a job, it’s why you have friends, why shouldn’t it be why you get a girlfriend? Think about it.